Simply replace your old fireplace grate with The Original Grate Heater, formerly known as Cozy Grate Heater, plug in the 9' power cord and build a fire. Within minutes the firebox will reach 110° and begin to blow heat from the thermostatically controlled blower. Once your firebox temperature reaches 90°, the blower turns off automatically.
The versatile unit can be used with or without a glass door. If used with a glass door, the door sits on top of the bar and would be elevated 1 3/8" high. The log basket measures 11" high at the front and 8" high in the rear, and measures 7 1/2" deep. Designed for masonry fireplaces, not intended for zero-clearance fireplaces.
Note: The Original Grate Heater should run on high for 10-15 minutes, on initial start up. This will add longevity to the life of the motor.
In the case of a power outage you will need to remove the unit from your fireplace before lighting a fire.
- 40,000+ BTU's of Heat Per Hour
- 100 CFM Blower (variable speed)
- Rheostat and Thermostat Controlled
- Heavy 12 Gauge Steel Tubing Guaranteed 3 Years
- Turns On Automatically at 110 Degrees and Off at 90 Degrees
- All Electrical Components U.L. Approved & 1 Year Warranty
- The Motor is Encased and Insulated to Keep it Protected From Heat
View the brochure.
Click here for Replacement Parts.
Note: Pictured with optional Brass Trim Bar. All units have a 29 1/4" wide x 2" deep front rail and include black extenders that provide a maximum front rail width of 51 1/4". Your glass door (if applicable) sits on top of the front rail and is elevated 1 3/8".