Enter your destination to get a shipping estimate.
We brought this canopy hood for the reason it was advertized to cut down at least on the heat that our wood mantle was being exposed to. Though I would say it has reduced the heat somewhat, it still gets pretty HOT under the mantle. The brackets are also exposed under the canopy and are galvanized steel wish they were at least the same color as the canopy. I would say that it does add a nice touch to the fireplace.
I have a ventless gas log set in my brick fireplace with a wood mantel on top... which was getting too hot without the hood. This hood looks great, works fantastic and was very easy to install. Great price.
Fireplace canopy hood
Quick delivery, easy installation, exactly what we wanted.
Reviewer: East Tennesee
I have a ventless gas fireplace insert that we bricked around and have a wood mantel. The brick was wider than the hood on the insert and the air hit the mantel directly and it got very hot. I was worried about fire. This hood correct that perfectly. It was easy to add on. I just expanded it within the brick around the insert and it is staying in place without any screws. I will add some but it is staying in place. Looks really nice. Easy to install. We bought black.
Reviewer: Paul G
I was very pleased with the hood. Thank you for the follow up.
Reviewer: sandy Gunnell
GREAT service, the item was wonderful and easy to install.
Fast service. Fast delivery. Product as described.
Reviewer: Clayton Mann
The canopy shipped promptly and was of good quality. Was easy to mount and has worked well to re-direct the heat from the mantle.
Reviewer: Bev Murtagh
we purchased this item as part of a wood-burning to vent-less gas logs fireplace conversion. Code required a fireplace hood to deflect heat from the mantel. This item fit the bill perfectly. Simple, functional and nice looking all for a good price.
Reviewer: Vivian Vernon
I received my order 2 days after I ordered it and installed it the next day. I am very happy with my order.
shipped right away
The hood itself works very well and looks excellent best part is it looks like part of the stove insert we have. Mounting it was not too much a problem, but will say the instructions could have been a little more detailed in terms of the different ways to mount it for I found myself having to fill in the blanks of some of the steps. It did take awhile to be delivered though with a pretty long back order time frame I thought. But again the product itself has been worth the money and even the wait.
Reviewer: JoAnn Jones
The hood was delivered very quickly and was very easy to install. It does a great job of blocking the excess heat from my wooden mantle.
Reviewer: Ray Gilliam
Very easy to install. Looks great and does the job. Perfect for use with my propane logs.
Reviewer: Ross Dickerson
This was simple to install, accomplishes our objective, and looks great. Highly recommended!!
Great solution to deflect heat from HD TV which is hanging over the fireplace. Thanks
Reviewer: R.L. Beaman
Works perfectly and very easy to install. Also looks attractive and took away the appearance of plainness.
Works perfect over the fireplace to minimize heat warming up the mantel. Quality is great.
Questions on Black Fireplace Canopy Hood
- From Melissa at 12/13/12 5:15 PM
- From Phil Litteer at 11/20/12 11:33 AM
- I have a zero clearance gas fireplace with sealed glass front and a top vent grill where the hot air exits the unit. The under side of my mantle gets very hot, even when the fireplace is in use at low flame. Will this hood work on such a fireplace?
- Thank you for your question. The canopy hood is a great option to deflect heat from the mantle. This is setup to fit at the top inside of your fireplace opening. Using this with glass doors can be a little more tricky to use and mount. There would need to be a second lip past the glass doors to mount this to. Below at the installation instructions: http://www.northlineexpress.com/media/pdf/cabl-br_rev1_20h00431.pdf
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No
- From D & L at 11/11/12 1:12 PM
- From Torrey at 10/31/12 10:11 PM
- What is the height of the FIreplace hood? I could only find the length and width listed. My fireplace damper control sits exactly 5" above my fireplace doors so I'm trying to determine if this hood will fit in the space between my doors and damper control. Thanks.
- Torrey, Yes, this fireplace hood should fit into the space that you have. The height is approximately 1 Inch with a 3 Inch slope.
- Do you find this question helpful? Yes No