Reviewer: Dick B Ledyard, CT
I hope I never have to use this.
This is one of those items that you will never know how it works until you need it. I can only hope I never need it.
The manufacturers claims are descent and reasonable, so it sits near my fireplace, and I hope it sits there a very very long time.
Peace of Mind
Although pricey, this is the kind of necessity that will pay for itself a thousandfold if it's ever actually needed. We always keep two of these by our woodstove. One may be all that's required in the event of a chimney fire, but should it fail, we feel better having a backup on hand. When we discovered that our old pair was no longer useable, it was with trepidation that we lit each fire until this new pair arrived!
Saved friends house !
Now that I am heating with a wood stove a friend of mine told me about chimfex chimney fire extinguisher that helped extinguish his chimney fire. That was all I needed to make sure I have one on hand.