This 7'' DuraPlus Multi-Story Kit is a perfect option for the homeowner and it does not require professional installation and carries a lifetime warranty.
Materials and Construction
- .016” 430 stainless steel outer wall or .018” galvanized steel outer wall.
- .018” aluminized steel intermediate liner.
- .016” 430 stainless steel inner liner.
- Insulated layers of ceramic blanket plus ventilated air space.
- Locks tightly with a precision twist-lock connection.
The 7" DuraPlus Multi-Story Kit contains all the components needed to install an 7" chimney (excluding black stove pipe and DuraPlus chimney sections) straight up through a normal flat ceiling and multiple floors.
This kit includes the following: (from the cap down)
7" DuraPlus Chimney Cap is required where the chimney pipe terminates above the roof line. This Chimney Cap has removable screws to allow for easier cleaning of the chimney and spark arrestor screen. Includes spark arrestor screen.
7" DuraPlus Storm Collar this aluminum storm collar is required for use on any through-the-roof installations using a roof flashing.
7" DuraPlus Roof Flashing provides leak proof roof penetration. The purpose of the roof flashing is to weatherproof the roof where the chimney penetrates the roof. The flashing gets tucked under the shingles and the shingles are cut around the flashing if needed. The flashing is sealed to the roof with silicone to provide that needed seal to prevent water from getting under the flashing and getting into the attic or house, then a storm collar is placed over the flashing and sealed to the chimney pipe with a high temp silicone to prevent water from running down the chimney.
7" DuraPlus Attic Insulation Shield is required for installations that pass through an attic to prevent insulation and debris from accumulating near the chimney. The Attic Insulation Shield fits over the Firestop Radiation Shield or Support box and consists of two-parts - a collar and a base.
7" DuraTech Firestop Radiation Shield is installed where a chimney passes through a floor or ceiling without the use of a support box. It is used to center the pipe and assure the proper clearance required for the installation. The Firestop Radiation Shield adjusts to cover wide framing and fits on the underside of the ceiling.
7" DuraPlus Wall Strap is for use in interior or exterior installations to support and stabilize the chimney while assuring a 2" clearance. Wall straps are required every 8' on the exterior of the building. Adjusts from 2" to 6" from wall.
7" DuraPlus Round Ceiling Support is used when passing through a flat ceiling. It includes a built-in, twist-lock starter section for DuraPlus Chimney. Use a Snap-Lock Adaptor, or a DuraBlack Slip Connector to transition to single-wall stovepipe or use a close clearance adaptor to transition to DVL Double-Wall Stovepipe. The Round Ceiling Support requires a 14 1/2" x 14 1/2" framed opening. Included is a 1 1/2" wide trim collar. This round ceiling support will support up to 35' of Dura/Plus Chimney.
7" Stove Pipe Adapter is required to connect the stove pipe to the chimney pipe and there are several options to choose from depending on your requirements.
- Slip Connector - Item Number 1771 - Use to connect DuraBlack single wall stove pipe to the ceiling support box. Use the slip connector if you do not have any other adjustable stove pipe length between your stove and support box. This adapter will provide a 3" to 13" slip fitting without having to cut pipe for a perfect fit. Only connects to rigid DuraBlack stove pipe, and cannot be used with telescoping pipe lengths.
- DuraBlack Chimney Adapter - 8778 - This adapter is recommended to connect DuraBlack single-wall stove pipe to DuraPlus or DuraTech chimney pipe if you do not require adjustability in your stove pipe height. You can also use this adapter to connect DVL double-wall stove pipe to DuraPlus or DuraTech chimney.
- Snap Lock Adapter - Item Number 6791 - Snaps into your ceiling support boxor finishing collar and extends down to fit into the stovepipe. Provides a drip-free connection to DuraTech, DuraPlus, DuraPlus HTC chimney pipe or DuraLiner chimney liner.
- DVL Adapter - Item Number 8775 - Use to connect from double-wall DVL to DuraTech, DuraPlus, DuraPlus HTC, and DuraLiner for a through-the-wall or ceiling support installation. Required for proper connection. Provides a strong mechanical connection. Painted black.
Simply add 7" stove pipe and class A chimney pipe lengths to complete the installation..