The 8'' DuraTech Multi-Story Kit contains all the components needed to install a 8" chimney (excluding black stove pipe and DuraTech chimney sections) straight up through a normal flat ceiling and multiple floors.
Materials and Construction
DuraTech features light weight insulation, twist-lock fittings, support boxes with factory installed starter sections, elbows with 360° swivel base, select black finish pipe lengths, and five foot length pipe sections.
This kit includes the following:
- 8'' diameter pipe features inner wall of .020'' 430 stainless steel.
- Outer wall options of .016'' 430 stainless steel or .021'' galvalume steel.
- .016'' 430 stainless steel inner liner.
- A Thermal Tech (ceramic refractory) blanket insulation is encased between walls.
- Stainless steel end rings seal the pipe.
(from the cap down)
8" DuraTech Chimney Cap is required where the chimney pipe terminates above the roof line. This Chimney Cap has removable screws to allow for easier cleaning of the chimney and spark arrestor screen. Includes spark arrestor screen.
8" DuraTech Storm Collar this aluminum storm collar is required for use on any through-the-roof installations using a roof flashing.
8" DuraTech Roof Flashing provides leak proof roof penetration. The purpose of the roof flashing is to weatherproof the roof where the chimney penetrates the roof. The flashing gets tucked under the shingles and the shingles are cut around the flashing if needed. The flashing is sealed to the roof with silicone to provide that needed seal to prevent water from getting under the flashing and getting into the attic or house, then a storm collar is placed over the flashing and sealed to the chimney pipe with a high temp silicone to prevent water from running down the chimney.
8" DuraTech Attic Insulation Shield is required for installations that pass through an attic to prevent insulation and debris from accumulating near the chimney. The Attic Insulation Shield fits over the Firestop Radiation Shield or Support box and consists of two-parts - a collar and a base.
8" DuraTech Firestop Radiation Shield is installed where a chimney passes through a floor or ceiling without the use of a support box. It is used to center the pipe and assure the proper clearance required for the installation. The Firestop Radiation Shield adjusts to cover wide framing and fits on the underside of the ceiling.
8" DuraTech Round Ceiling Support is used when passing through a flat ceiling. It includes a built-in, twist-lock starter section for DuraTech Chimney. Use a Snap-Lock Adaptor, or a DuraBlack Slip Connector to transition to single-wall stovepipe or use a close clearance adaptor to transition to DVL Double-Wall Stovepipe. The Round Ceiling Support requires a 14 1/2" x 14 1/2" framed opening. Included is a 1 1/2" wide trim collar. This round ceiling support will support up to 60' of DuraTech Chimney.
8" Stove Pipe Adapter is required to connect the stove pipe to the chimney pipe and there are several options to choose from depending on your requirements.
- Slip Connector - Item Number 1871 - Use to connect DuraBlack single wall stove pipe to the ceiling support box. Use the slip connector if you do not have any other adjustable stove pipe length between your stove and support box. This adapter will provide a 3" to 13" slip fitting without having to cut pipe for a perfect fit. Only connects to rigid DuraBlack stove pipe, and cannot be used with telescoping pipe lengths.