Shopping for Bar Stools? NorthlineExpress has your back! We have designs to fit any preference; whether you are looking for a simple wooden stool with a low-key profile to stow under a table or counter when not in use, or an eye-catching faux leather, upholstered seat with a back rest, that makes a statement. Bar stools come in different heights, we have bar height stools that typically measure 28" up to 33" perfect height for a pub or bar table, we offer counter height stools that measure from 24" to 27" to match up nicely to a countertop, or for a more versatile option we have stools with adjustable heights that range anywhere from 27.5" up to 45" (check individual products listings for actual heights).
Things to consider when choosing the right bar stool:
- What height are you looking for? Bar Stools come in three main height categories:
- Bar Height: Typically, 28" to 33" tall - best for tables 40" to 42" tall
- Counter Height: Typically, 24" to 27" - best for counters 36" to 39" tall
- Adjustable Height: Height Ranges anywhere from 27.5" to 45" (see individual product listings for actual heights)
Its recommended that you measure to allow 9" to 12" from the underside of your tabletop to the top of your stool, to achieve appropriate stool height.
- How many stools are appropriate for your counter or table?
- It depends on the size of your counter or table, it's recommended to leave 6" between bar stools, or situate so they measure 26" to 33" apart center to center (you may want to alter this to allow more space if considering a stool with armrests or one that swivels)
- Stools usually measure 15", 17" or 21" wide
- What material works best for you?
- Solid wood for added durability
- Wood & metal for a more industrial or contemporary look
- Upholstered seats for more comfort
- Faux Leather for more formality
- Wicker or rattan for a lightweight movable option
- Which stool type fits your needs? We have so many options available
- Backless stool - simple, classic design
- Stool with back rest - more comfort for more use
- Arm rests - added comfort (but consider arm height when measuring to assure stool will fit nicely under countertop)
- Swivel seat - no need to move the whole stool for seating