Don't just place your mattress or box spring on the floor. Not only is this affecting your sleep quality, but you're inviting unwanted pests, molds, and mildews into bed with you. Keep the creepy crawlies at bay and add a sophisticated aesthetic by supporting your mattress or mattress set on a quality bed frame from NorthlineExprss. Shop all our designs below, in stock today!
Why do I need a bed frame? Is it really worth the extra expense when I could simply put my box spring on the floor?
The answer is yes. While it is easy to just place your mattress set on the floor and call it good, its not recommended. And here's why:
- First the obvious, support is the number one reason for a bed frame. A bed frame provides a foundation for your mattress or mattress set, for a comfortable, restful night's sleep for years to come.
- It doesn't look appealing, a mattress on the floor tends to create a disheveled or unfinished ambiance that can lead to feelings of unease.
- Besides that, having your box spring right on the floor prevents any air flow underneath your mattress, this is important to help keep mold and mildew at bay. Without air flow, allergens get trapped in the mattress and incubate, creating a musty smell and irritants that affect sleep quality.
- Keep away the creepy crawlies. Raising your bed up off the floor makes it a more difficult for insects and the like to get in bed with you. Like allergens, the lack of circulation created by setting your mattress on the floor, creates an ideal environment that bugs won't want to leave once they've settled. A bed frame promotes ease in cleaning, which helps keep the bugs at bay.
- Bed frames create additional storage space underneath your bed. Stow clutter under the bed nicely with totes or crates. Or utilize every square inch of your room with a bed frame with built in storage features, like drawers or lifting platforms. Out of sight, out of mind.
- Bed frames encourage energy flow. Feng Shui is the practice of creating balance in your surroundings to promote positive energy flow. Placing your bed right on the flow creates a barrier in the natural flow of a room. Alternately, raising your bed up on a frame allows for this energy to continuously flow under the bed and around the room without obstruction, creating a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
Bed frames can be as simple or as extravagant as you want. We offer simple metal frames consisting solely of siderails and legs, all the way to extravagant solid wood, storage frames with all the bells and whistles like headboards, footers, siderails, legs, and drawers/shelves.
Rest better up off the ground, with a quality bed frame that's build to last from NorthlineExpress.com!