A nightstand or two can be a quick and easy way to add class and function to your bedroom. Add a matching set to either side of the bed for a nice symmetrical look, or a single bedside table for a more minimalist feel. Give your alarm clock and bedside lamp a home on a gorgeously crafted nightstand from NorthlineExpress.
Is a nightstand necessary for your bedroom?
Well this is really a personal preference. While a bedside table or nightstand might not be a necessity from an interior design standpoint, they do have a multitude of benefits like (but not limited to):
- Nightstands offer a tabletop to keep a small lamp, alarm clock, and a glass of water all within an arm's reach.
- They provide added storage for your bedroom. Many designs offer drawers, shelves, or cabinets to stow clutter. Clutter creates stress, so eliminating it will keep your bedroom the calm, relaxing environment it should be.
- They look nice. Accent your bedroom décor by creating calming, symmetry with a classy set of bedside tables.
Now that we've determined a nightstand is an ideal bedroom accessory, there are a couple details to keep in mind while shopping.
- Size: To keep decorative appeal its best to get a nightstand that is roughly the same height as your bed (or within 6" of the bed height), and you don't really want anything that is deeper than 24". Anything larger will disrupt the ease of getting in and out of bed.
- Quantity: Do you need one or two nightstands? The answer might be obvious if there are two people sleeping in the bed, however is it still necessary if there is only one? This is solely based on your aesthetic preference. The human eye is very fond of symmetry, it tends to calm and promote relaxation. In addition, a second nightstand doubles your storage options. When considering two nightstands you'll have to determine if you want a traditional matching set, to further the symmetry or would you prefer a more fun eclectic, aesthetic that comes with mismatching your bedside tables.
- Design: Choose from vast selection of options when shopping for nightstands at NorthlineExpress. Keep it simple with a classic tabletop on legs or add more storage to hide clutter out of sight in drawers or behind cabinet doors.
- Material: Browse styles that boast a rustic solid wood construction, a wood and metal mix for a more industrial look, classy gold finished metal with glass tabletops, or beautiful painted cabinets that are both appealing and functional. That’s just the tip of the iceberg, check out all your options at NorthlineExpress today!