The SkeeterVac SV3100 enters a whole new level of quality, function, and design. Every aspect of this machine has been specifically designed to attract, trap, and kill mosquitoes and other blood-seeking insects like no-see-ums, biting midges, black flies, sand flies and more. The SkeeterVac SV3100 combines the new Flight Guide contrast pattern TacTrap, CO2 converted from propane, and the power of Octenol BaitBlocks to effectively attract and trap biting insects like no other mosquito control equipment. The SV3100 also has the ability to use.
This product will provide the following when used as directed:
- Attract, trap and kill certain flying biting insects such as mosquitoes, no-see-ums, midges, sand flies and black flies.
- Reduce the nuisance of certain flying biting insects.
- Over a 4 to 6 week period reduce the overall mosquito populations by exterminating egg laden female mosquitoes.
The SkeeterVac mosquito trap is designed to be operated 24 hours a day to help reduce the nuisance of mosquitoes. It attracts female mosquitoes that are seeking a blood meal to nourish their eggs. By removing these females you also remove their eggs. Attracting, trapping and killing just one mosquito at the start of the mosquito season can prevent the birth of up to 25,000 more mosquitoes that season alone!h3>How the SkeeterVac SV3100 Works
The SkeeterVac SV3100 is a cordless unit that creates its own power to energize the suction fan by converting propane to electricity using a catalytic converter. Once it is ran through the catalytic converter, the propane byproduct is CO2. When the fan powers up, the exhaust from the fan blows CO2 and an attractant called Octenol out of the unit along with heat and moisture. Mosquitoes are drawn to the CO2, Octenol, moisture and heat thinking it is a mammal. Some mosquitoes will get stuck on the sticky TacTrap which is the black and white portion of the trap surrounding the SV3100 engine. Mosquito research has shown that mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors. The design of the TacTrap with the white and black contrast tends to make mosquitoes fly toward the wider dark portions of the TacTrap which is where the suction from the fan pulls the mosquitoes into the permanent net where they will dehydrate and die. Resistance is Futile!
Exclusive FineTune BaitBlock System
SkeeterVac is the only product on the market to provide attractant customization to specific outdoor environments. Different species of mosquitoes and different physical locations may require a lesser or greater amount of Octenol output. The FineTune BaitBlock system allows for 5 different settings to vary the amount of Octenol output. Once adjusted for your area the catch rate will increase.
This patent-pending feature ensures minimal loss in vacuum power as the trap fills up. The SV3100 has been re-designed with the WaveDrawer on top of the engine eliminating the maintenance required on earlier models.
LED Lighting Attractant
SkeeterVac's unique 5-color "motion" lighting system helps increase attraction levels and works on difficult species like the Asian Tiger mosquito.
What makes SkeeterVac different?
- Cordless - No limit on placement, no cord to trip over or cut and no service interruptions.
- Powerful - The exclusive catalyst system produces 25% to 100% more CO2 than competitively priced models.
- Coverage - More CO2 means more attraction power over larger coverage areas.
- Value - More features and better performance at lower prices!
- FineTune Baiting System - SkeeterVac traps are the only units that can vary attractant output levels. This allows users to customize to their unique environments and improve capture performance.
- Ability to use Lurex to attract and trap the Asian Tiger Mosquito (2007 and newer models).
- Reliable Electronic Ignition - All SkeeterVac models start instantly. An easy to read indicator lets you know it is running.
- Vac & Tac Technology - these models are the only traps available that employ a powerful vacuum trap system and a large area sticky trap with directional graphics. This dual trapping approach means greater trapping performance.
- Motion Lighting - most models feature a unique lighting system that attracts more species by creating a motion effect over a 360 Degree area.
- Easy No Tools Assembly - available on all models
Refill propane tank every 14 to 16 days, replace BaitBlock every 60 days, replace TacTrap when 80% covered with mosquitoes.