Solaire Anywhere Infrared Grill 304 Stainless Steel - SOL-IR17BSolaire
What's the difference between a standard gas grill and Infrared?
This is a common question, you see infrared heat actually heats objects, not the air around them, which allows your food to cook evenly and fast.Â Infrared grilling technology has brought the speed of a microwave to grilling, without losing the flavor and nutrients of your food.Â Let me explain.
The Solaire Infrared burner will reach temperatures of 800 degrees F within about 3 minutes.Â That means you're ready to cook after just 3 minutes of lighting your Solaire grill which also means you're burning less propane.Â As a matter of fact this powerful grill operates on small 1lb propane cylinders, perfect for traveling and camping although it has the ability to be connected to a largerÂ 20lb cylinder and evenÂ be converted to natural gas.Â Again, the versatility of the portable Solaire grill is matched by none.
Besides heating up fast, it also cools down fast, because it heats objects instead of air, and because you cook with the lid opened, the grill itself doesn't actually get that hotÂ and can typically be packed away in justÂ 15 minutes after shutting it down which meansÂ less time messing with the grill and cooking the food and more time with your family and friends.
What about flavor, does all this high temperature cooking and fast grilling dry out the food or cause it to lose flavor?
Just the opposite.Â Now I will admit, there is a little learning curve when using an infrared grill.Â It's not the type of grilling where you throw on your burgers, drink a beer or two, and then check on them.Â Infrared cooks hot and fast,Â set to high the cooking temperature at the cooking surface will be about 800 degrees F.Â It's so hot in fact that you cook with the lid open at all times (this is cool because you can see your food cook and don't lose temperature because of opening the lid to take a peek).
What most people don't realize is that's exactly what you want for most meat because that super high temperature will sear the meat trapping in all the juices.Â Once seared (typically takes about 2-3 minutes total) you simply turn the temperature down to low and cook to preference.Â This makes cooking meats like steak, burgers,Â and even chicken so simple dare I say...a caveman could do it.
What about slow cooking roasts and ribs, can I do that with my Solaire Infrared grill?
Okay, admittedly infraredÂ does have some limitations.Â You're not going to be able to slow cook a roast all day or cook a whole chicken on your Solaire Infrared grill, it just doesn't work for that.Â So if your looking for slow roasting or smoking you should consider a small charcoal grill which I feel is best for slow cooking.Â But there are multiple settings for cooking and you can turn it down and cook slower cooking foods like chicken and pork to perfection.
Is it hard to learn how to cook on an Infrared Grill?
No, it's not hard at all, once you get the hang of it you'll find it much easier than standard grills, the heat is even and consistent, you can get your cooking times down to a science.Â It might take a time or two before you're used to the high temperatures, but once you get comfortable, you'll master it in no time.
Don't forget, this is a portable grill.Â The Solaire grill comes with a high quality carry bag which includes storage pockets for your 1lb propane tanks and plenty of room for cooking utensils.Â It weighs in at less than 20 pounds and boasts a 155 square inch cooking surface which is large enough for about 4 large burgers at a time.Â A push button electric ignition makes for easy lighting, no more hassling with charcoal and lighter fluid.Â The optional mounting systems allow you to attach your new grill to a boat rail or a tripod mount if you choose making the Solaire portable grill one of the most versatile portable grills on the market.Â If you're considering this grill for use on a boat in saltwater or if you plan to take it to the ocean for lunch on the beach, consider going with the marine grade version, made of high quality 316 stainless steel.Â
Let's not forget the warranty.Â This grill is made of 304 stainless steel, not the cheap imported stainless many of the other "box store" grills are made of.Â This product is made in the USA with pride and only uses quality materials.Â The structural integrity of the exterior and interior body parts and stainless steel grilling grids are covered by a Lifetime Warranty as well as the main infrared burner.Â That's Lifetime!Â For more details refer to the warranty tab at the top of this page.
Go ahead and scroll thru the optional accessories below and once you've configured to your needs you can add to your cart at the bottom of the page.
- Our Most Popular Portable Grill
- Go anywhere grill-Light weight portable design makes it perfect for all outdoor occasions
- Charcoal-like Grilling with no Hassle - Get the great flavor of an intensely-hot charcoal fire with the control, convenience, and consistency of gas
- Versatility- operates on a simple one pound cylinder and can be connected to a standard 20 lb cylinder with a propane tank adapter (sold separately). This versatile unit can also be used with natural gas with an optional, easy to use gas conversion kit.
- 20 Gauge 304 Stainless Steel Construction - Guaranteed for Life!
- Stainless Steel V-Shaped Cooking Grid for better flavor and reduced flare-ups
- 14,000 BTU Infrared Burner - Great for searing steaks but also adjustable for slower cooking
- Double Lid Latch for secure portability
- Adjustable Leveling Feet
- Great for camping, tailgating, boating, RV'ers - heats up fast (less than three minutes), and cools down fast (pack away in about 15 minutes) and no coals to dispose of.
- Comes with a carrying case
- Pushbutton electronic ignition
- 155 sq. inch grilling surface
- Made in USA!
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm.For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- 21" Wide x 12" High x 13" Deep with attachments
- 304 Stainless Steel
- 14,000 BTUs of infrared power
- Will heat up to 800 degrees Fahrenheit
- 155 square inch V-grate grilling surface
- Less than 20 lbs with Carry Bag
- Includes: Carry Bag
- Heats up fast (less than three minutes)
- Cools down fast (pack away in about 15 minutes)
- Country Of Origin:
- United States
- Product Type:
- Infrared Grills
- Product Type:
- Portable Grills
- _Base Price:
- Left Overlay Image:
- Made in America.png