The Lock-Top Damper combines service, experience, and expertise to offer unparalleled results in saving money, time, and frustration in chimney energy conservation. It is designed to lock bad weather, pests, and unconditioned air outside, and keep clean, conditioned air inside. Lock-Top is the low cost solution to replacing rusted, worn-out, energy leaking throat dampers and can dramatically reduce noise from outside due to the top sealing cap. A cable extends from the cap to the firebox below and fastens with a hook. Simply release the cable and your chimney cap opens with a safety device that locks it open in the case of a fire.
*Top-sealing dampers are not recommended with gas logs- failure to open could cause carbon monoxide to back up into the house.
- Seals out Pests
- Easy to open and close
- Constructed of cast aluminum
- Serves as a chimney cap when open
- Non-Restrictive - Will not Inhibit Draw
- Prevents Heat and Air Conditioning Loss
- For easy chimney cleaning use a Sweeps Ring
- Optional 50' Extension Cable available, see 5SA-1296
- Each Lock-Top Damper comes with a 32' Extension Cable
- Stainless steel lid, aluminum frame, stainless spring wires
- 7 3/4" High open lid
- 150 sq. in. cross-sectional area
- 13" x 17", fits 9" x 14" to 12 1/2" x 17 1/2" flues
- Silicone rubber seals tight