Blue Rhino SkeeterVac Model SV5100
The SkeeterVac SV5100 Attracts, traps, and kills mosquitoes and other blood-seeking insects like black flies, biting midges, no-see-ums, sand flies, and more to rid your living space of the unwanted and unhealthy
The SkeeterVac SV5100 enters a whole new level of quality, function, and design. Every aspect of this machine has been specifically designed to attract, trap, and kill pesky mosquitoes and other blood-seeking insects like no-see-ums, biting midges, black flies, sand flies, and more. The SkeeterVac SV5100 combines the new Flight Guide contrast pattern TacTrap, CO2 converted from propane, and the power of Octenol BaitBlocks to effectively attract and trap biting insects like no other mosquito control equipment. No Electric Cords - Powered by propane!
This product will provide the following when used as directed:
- Attract, trap, and kill certain flying biting insects such as mosquitoes, no-see-ums, midges, sand flies and black flies.
- Reduce the nuisance of certain flying biting bugs.
- Over a 4-to-6-week period reduce the overall mosquito populations by exterminating egg laden female mosquitoes.
The SkeeterVac mosquito trap is designed to be operated 24 hours a day to help reduce the nuisance of mosquitoes. It attracts female mosquitoes that are seeking a blood meal to nourish their eggs. By removing these females, you also remove their eggs. Attracting, trapping, and killing just one mosquito at the start of the mosquito season can prevent the birth of up to 25,000 more mosquitoes that season alone!
How the SkeeterVac SV5100 Works - The SkeeterVac SV5100 is a cordless unit that creates its own power to energize the suction fan by converting propane to electricity using a catalytic converter. Once it is running through the catalytic converter, the propane byproduct is CO2. When the fan powers up, the exhaust from the fan blows CO2 and an attractant called Octenol out of the unit along with heat and moisture. Mosquitoes are drawn to the CO2, Octenol, moisture and heat thinking it is a mammal. Some mosquitoes will get stuck on the sticky TacTrap which is the black and white portion of the trap surrounding the SV5100 engine. Mosquito research has shown that mosquitoes are attracted to dark colors. The design of the TacTrap with the white and black contrast tends to make mosquitoes fly toward the wider dark portions of the TacTrap which is where the suction from the fan pulls the mosquitoes into the permanent net where they will dehydrate and die. Resistance is Futile!
Exclusive FineTune BaitBlock System - SkeeterVac Bait
SkeeterVac is the only product on the market to provide attractant customization to specific outdoor environments. Different species of mosquitoes and different physical locations may require a lesser or greater amount of Octenol output. The FineTune BaitBlock baiting system allows for 5 different settings to vary the amount of Octenol output. Once adjusted for your area the catch rate will increase.
The SV5100 has been re-designed with the WaveDrawer on top of the engine eliminating the maintenance required on earlier models.
LED Lighting Attractant
SkeeterVac's unique 5-color "motion" lighting system helps increase attraction power levels and works on difficult species like the Asian Tiger mosquito.
What makes SkeeterVac different?
- Cordless - No limit on placement, no cord to trip over or cut and no service interruptions.
- Powerful - The exclusive catalyst system produces 25% to 100% more CO2 than competitively priced models.
- Coverage - More CO2 means more attraction power over larger coverage areas.
- Value - More features and better performance at lower prices!
Maintenance: Refill propane tank every 14 to 16 days, replace BaitBlock every 60 days, replace TacTrap when 80% covered with mosquitoes.
- Attracts, traps, and kills mosquitoes and other blood-seeking insects like black flies, biting midges, no-see-ums, sand flies and more to rid your living space of the unwanted and unhealthy pests.
- Uses 5 different attractants including:
- Fine Tune Bait System using Octonel. This simulates the scent of an animal attracting biting insects from up to a mile away.
- Flight Guide which uses colors to direct mosquitoes into the highly effective sticky trap.
- 5 Color LED motion" lighting system helps increase attraction levels and works on difficult species like the Asian Tiger mosquito.
- The same propane that powers the unit is converted into heated CO2 and used as an added attractant mimicking a mammal's breath which is how mosquitoes track their meals.
- Finally, the color of the entire trap itself was designed specifically to attract mosquitoes to it. Nothing was overlooked.
- Cordless This unit is powered by propane making it very easy and versatile compared to other corded units which also typically burn propane anyway.
- 1.5 Acre Coverage means that you can cover most living spaces and then some.
How long does it take for SkeeterVac to work? How to use SkeeterVac?
Find the answers to these and most other SkeeterVac FAQ's here.
Check out our article on SkeeterVac Placement
Need to troubleshoot? Click here to find out How to Fix and Clean the SkeeterVac
Does the SkeeterVac really work? SkeeterVac Testimonials
- Exclusive FineTune BaitBlock System™ - SkeeterVac is the only product on the market to provide adjustable octenol output.
- Over 1 Acre Coverage.
- Catalytic Technology for optimum CO2 creation - key element in attractant formula for mosquitoes.
- 50-80% More CO2 output than similar competitive brands.
- 3 Times longer bait life than competitive brands.
- Ability to use Lurex.
- TacTrap sticky trap paper for catching even more mosquitoes - not found on many units.
- Easy No-Tools Assembly.
- 5-Color "motion" system - increases attraction levels.
- 1 Touch Ignition - Just turn on the gas and push the button.
- "ON" Indicator Light.
- Easy Access Trap System - simplicity in cleaning.
- Includes main unit, 1 BaitBlock, & 1 Box TacTraps, (propane tank not included).
- Produced by Blue Rhino.
- Dimensions: 26 1/2" High x 19 1/2" Wide x 33" Deep.
- No Electric Cords - Powered by propane!
- 1 Year Warranty.
- Propane Tank Not Included.