Grand Canyon 30" Western Driftwood Gas Log Set - VentedGrand Canyon
Western Driftwood Collection Gas Log Set
This iconic set of timber was conceived with one of the worldâ€™s Seven Natural Wonders in mind â€“ The Grand Canyon. Resembling the natural terrain of the landmark along the sun baked banks of the Colorado River and backpacked out log-by-log, this particular expedition took our seasoned team of Log Hunters on a journey searching the river banks, mile by mile.
With scorching summers and cool wet winters serving as the inspiration behind such detail, this set features a washed-out, sun-bleached exterior against rich gray tones and bright white elements creating the backdrop for deep, crackling, splitting in-the-woods bark. This rich combination of colors perfectly accented by subterranean earth tones and texture give the Western Driftwood log set detail that is second-to-none. Proudly manufactured in the USA of the highest quality materials ensuring quality, sustainability, and craftmanship for years to come. All Grand Canyon logs are ANSI certified from the best quality materials to allow for a lifetime of use.
About Grand Canyon Gas Logs & Warranty
All Gas Logs manufactured by Grand Canyon Gas Logs are individually cast and hand painted to perfection. All logs are built with a high temperature concrete, ceramic refractory and stainless-steel fiber mesh. Logs installed indoors carry a lifetime warranty and logs that are installed outside carry a 5-year warranty.
Grand Canyon brings ultra-realistic gas logs and larger than life flames that are designed to elevate any indoor or outdoor environment, creating an unforgettable ambiance reminiscent of gathering around the campfire. Make your hearth the centerpiece of your home with Grand Canyon Gas Logs. Want to see more styles and options? Shop all Grand Canyon Log Sets
The difference between Vented and Vent Free (Ventless) Gas Log Sets
Gas logs come in two basic varieties, vented log sets and vent-free log sets. A vented gas log must be used in a regular fireplace, designed to burn a wood fire. Vent-free gas logs can be used in a regular fireplace or can be used in a prefabricated vent-free firebox that has no chimney. You will want to be sure the logs you are purchasing meet the requirements of the log set you wish to purchase. Vented gas log sets have high realistic flames that create the feel and look of a real wood fire. Remotes and control valves assist in the ability to have a variable flame height, easy on/off operation, and ease of operation. Gas logs are known for their nearly maintenance free design without the mess of ashes like you would get with a wood fire.
Gas Log Burners
100% American manufactured burners listed and tested to the ANSI standard. Indoor burners feature stainless steel pan construction with metal bar stock and burner pipes. Burner denoted "SS" are stainless steel for outdoor use. All burner kits include burner, lava rock, black embers, fittings, flex line, and damper clamp. Vermiculite is provided for Liquid Propane installations but is not included for natural gas applications.
- Assembled Indoor Burners - Assembled burner systems feature factory tested and installed control systems. Tested to the ANSI standard, these assembled systems are a plug and play approach for Indoor use ONLY. Stainless Steel pan construction with metal bar stock and burner pipes. All burner kits include burner, lava rock, black embers, flex line, and damper clamp. Vermiculite is provided for Liquid Propane installations but is not included for natural gas applications.
- See through burners - 100% American manufactured burners listed and tested to the ANSI standard. Indoor burners feature stainless steel pan construction with metal bar stock and burner pipes. Burners denoted "SS" are stainless steel for outdoor use. All burner kits include burner, lava rock, black embers, fittings, flex line, and damper clamp. Vermiculite is provided for Liquid Propane installations but is not included for natural gas applications.
- Assembled indoor see-through burners- Assembled burner systems feature factory tested and installed control systems. Tested to the ANSI standard, these assembled systems are a plug and play approach. Indoor use ONLY, Stainless Steel pan construction with metal bar stock and burner pipes. All burner kits include burner, lava rock, black embers, flex line, and damper clamp. Vermiculite is provided for Liquid Propane installations but is not included for natural gas applications.
Minimum fireplace dimensions in reference to the burner size you may need as well as BTU for each burner can be found in the Burner Specification Sheet.
What Gas Control Valves do I need?
Let's get into the nitty gritty of the control valves to better assist you to pick the right one for your needs shall we! One of the most important factors in picking out your log set is how exactly you're going to light it. Let's break down each option to help you make the best informed decision.
- Electronic Valve System - This is considered a non-standing pilot system. Most of these units are battery operated, but some of them may require power hook up to operate. With this particular valve your pilot will not remain lit, but you can operate your pilot and flame height by using an added remote control, wall switch, or using the switch directly on the gas valve itself.
- Manual Safety Pilot Kit - These units are also called Safety Pilot Kits, and are considered a standing pilot system. This is a manual system that does require you to direct the on/off directly on the unit itself by turning the knob to the on or off position. To ignite you will simply push the knob on the gas valve which will in turn ignite the pilot. In the event the pilot on your unit goes out this system will automatically turn off your gas supply. So rest assured you won't be worrying about a gas leak!
- Modified Safety Pilot - The modified unit is the same as the manual safety pilot listed above with the exception you can connect a remote or variable control to this specific valve system to easily control your pilot without having to directly turn the knob. Allowing for easy on/off operation.
- Match-Lit - this option is only available for vented natural gas log sets. No pilot or valve assembly comes with this system. If you're looking for a simple way to light your burner without the hassle of remotes, valves, etc. This may be the option for you if you fuel by natural gas. Light a match or you use a log lighter at the burner and turn on your gas valve with the valve key provided.
- Millivolt Valve - Millivolt systems will continuously stay lit, and are generated by a thermopile as opposed to the thermocouple system like the Safety Pilot system. You can connect a remote, timer, wall switch, or a thermostat to this particular valve system. No external power is needed, your system will run off the pilot exclusively.
- Outdoor Electronic Control System (EIS) - For use in outdoor applications, and is a non-standing pilot system. This 200,000 BTU Ignition system is a 110V direct wired control valve system. Compatible with a wall switch or remote control to easily operate your pilot. You should mount this particular system within 3 ft of your firebox
When shopping for a gas fireplace log set you may be asking yourself which remote would work best? If you're looking to control your fire with a remote, wall switch, or thermostat you will want to be sure you have first picked the correct control valve to fit your needs. Let's break down which control valves can be used with the remote options we have available.
- Wall Switch (GCWS)- Has basic on/off operation, includes the rocker switch & cover, and 15' 10-2 low voltage wire. Can be used with the Outdoor Electronic Control System, Millivolt Quick Mount Kit - NG or LP, or High Capacity Millivolt System NG or LP- this includes the pre-assembled burners that come with the controls built in.
- On/Off Remote (GCRK)- Basic On/Off Operation, LCD Temperature Display, Transmitter & Receiver, batteries, and wall plate. Can be used the same units as the wall switch. EIS (Outdoor Electronic Control Systems, High Capacity Millivolt Systems NG or LP, or Millivolt Quick Mount Systems - this includes the pre-assembled burners that come with the controls built in.
What are gas fireplace logs made of?
Gas logs are made of high temperature concrete, ceramic refractory and stainless steel fiber mesh. Grand Canyon Logs are cast and hand painted to create the aesthetic of real logs with a lifetime of longevity.
How to measure for gas logs?
Once you have decided the look you're going for with the log set of your choosing. You will want to then get out your measuring tape to take some much needed measurements. First you will want to get your rear width, front width, and depth of your fireplace opening. Once you have these measurements the log set you choose shoot meet these minimum dimensions. Allow for 2" -6" on each side of your front width for adequate clearances. For example: If you are ordering a log set that is 24" your front width should be at least 28" and your rear width should be at least 24"; your depth should be a minimum of 12" -14" or 16" -18" for see-through fireplaces. You can reference the minimum dimensions in the table above for this particular fireplace log set. For more information regarding how to measure please check out our video, What to Consider When Choosing a Gas Log Set.
What size gas logs do I need?
When shopping for gas logs you want to be sure you're choosing the right log set and burner for your specific fireplace dimensions. To better assist you with choosing the right set for your fireplace, please reference our gas log sizing chart.
How to install gas logs?
Gas log installation is fully dependent upon the manufacturer of your log set. How they are installed, the clearances, as well as venting if required can be determine and outlined directly in your owners installation instructions provided with your log set. For this particular log set you can easily download the instructions for Grand Canyon Gas Logs!
WARNING: This product and the fuels used to operate this product, and the products of combustion of such fuels, can expose you to chemicals which are known in the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm.For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Western Driftwood (DRIFTWOOD)
- Vented Gas Log Set
- 100% American Made
- High Temp. Concrete, Ceramic Refractory and Stainless-Steel Fiber Mesh
- Natural Gas or Propane (LP only with conversion kit for additional cost)
- See Full Description Below for detailed information to help you choose the right log set
What To Consider When Choosing A Gas Log Set
Click Here http://tinyurl.com/p6qpz3f to view our large produc...
Measuring Your Fireplace For The Installation Of A Gas Log Set
Click Here http://tinyurl.com/q3yygta to view our large produc...
Grand Canyon Gas Logs Western Driftwood Log Set
Inspired by the Grand Canyon this Western Driftwood Gas Log Se...
- grand-canyon-2021-indoor-vented-gas-log-brochure|pdf|GC 2021 Indoor Vented Log Brochure
- grand-canyon-2021-outdoor-gas-log-catalog|pdf|GC 2021 Outdoor Gas Log Brochure
- grand-canyon-english-manual-vented-gas-logs|pdf|GC Vented Gas Log Owner's Manual
- grand-canyon-gas-log-burner-size-chart-2021|pdf|GC Gas Log Burner Size Chart
- grand-canyon-gas-log-lp-conversion-kit-chart|pdf|GC Gas Log Lp Conversion Kit Chart
- grand-canyon-gas-logs-vented-burner-specifications-sheet-1|pdf|GC Gas Log Vented Burner Spec Sheet
- grand-canyon-gas-log-lighting-instructions|pdf|GC Gas Log Lighting Instructions
- Country Of Origin:
- United States
- LP Gas
- Natural Gas
- 30 Inches
- Product Type:
- Gas Logs
- _Base Price:
- Left Overlay Image:
- Made in America.png